Review of the progress of earth data science and sharing in 2020
WANG Juanle1,2, WANG Yujie1, ZHANG Min1,2, JIANG Han1,3, HONG Mengmeng1,4, LI Shuhan1,5
1. Institute of Geographic Science and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, State Key Laboratory of Resources and Environmental Information Systems, Beijing 100101, China;
2. University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China;
3. School of Marine Technology and Geomatics, Jiangsu Ocean University, Lianyungang 222005, China;
4. School of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo 255049, China;
5. Institute of Disaster Prevention, Sanhe 065201, China
Abstract：Earth data science is combination of earth science and data science, and is a frontier cross field of earth science research and a paradigm shift of data-driven scientific discovery. This paper reviews the progress of big earth data research in 2020 from the aspects of earth data science program, scientific data governance, and earth science data sharing. It focuses on the Deep-Time Digital Earth Science Program, Big Earth Data Science Engineering Project and achievements in global data aggregation, authentication, repository, policies, standards, and identification, as well as practices of the earth science data centers, databases, data models, data integration, and data publishing. The paper also points out that it is still an urgent need to pay full attention to the rules of scientific data governance, promote the development of earth science big data programme, strengthen the establishment of earth science data ecology, and improve all aspects of cooperation in the field of earth science data.
王卷乐, 王玉洁, 张敏, 蒋涵, 洪梦梦, 李姝晗. 2020年地球数据科学与共享热点回眸[J]. 科技导报, 2021, 39(1): 105-114.
WANG Juanle, WANG Yujie, ZHANG Min, JIANG Han, HONG Mengmeng, LI Shuhan. Review of the progress of earth data science and sharing in 2020. Science & Technology Review, 2021, 39(1): 105-114.